Generally, the viscosity of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose will be affected by the following factors:
1. The higher the content (or concentration) of cellulose ether, the higher the viscosity of its aqueous solution, but when using it, attention should be paid to selecting the appropriate content to avoid excessive content and affecting the performance of mortar and concrete.
2. The higher the degree of polymerization of cellulose ether, the higher the molecular weight and the higher the viscosity of its aqueous solution
Like most liquids, the viscosity of the cellulose ether solution will decrease with the increase of temperature, and the higher the concentration of cellulose ether, the greater the influence of temperature.
1. Construction industry: It has good thixotropy and ease of bonding, making the mortar pumpable. Used as an adhesive in plaster, gypsum, putty powder or other building materials, it has thixotropy and retarding properties, which can improve spreadability and prolong operation time. Used as a bonding enhancer for bonding ceramic tiles, marble, and plastic decorations, which can reduce the amount of cement. It has water retention, so that the slurry will not crack due to drying too fast after application, and enhance the strength after hardening.
2. Ceramic manufacturing industry: widely used as a binder in the manufacturing of ceramic products.
3. Coating industry: As a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the coating industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvents. Can be used as paint remover.
4. Ink printing: As a thickener, dispersant, stabilizer in the ink industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvents.
5. Plastics: used as mold release agent, softener, lubricant, etc.
6. Polyvinyl chloride: Used as a dispersant in the production of polyvinyl chloride, and is the main auxiliary agent for the preparation of PVC by suspension polymerization.
7. Others: This product is also widely used in leather, paper products, fruit and vegetable preservation and textile industries.