1. Construction industry: As a water retaining agent for cement mortar materials (Material), retarder mortar can be pumped. In chemical formula: CaSO4·2H2O, gypsum, putty powder or other building materials are used as adhesives to improve painting and prolong working time. Used to paste ceramic tiles, marble, plastic decoration, paste enhancer, and reduce the amount of cement. The water retention property of HPMC prevents the slurry from cracking too quickly after coating, and improves the strength after hardening.
2. Ceramic manufacturing: widely used in the manufacture of ceramic adhesives.
3. Coating industry: As a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the coating industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvents. As a paint remover.
4. Printing ink printing: As a thickener, dispersant and stabilizer in the ink industry, it has good compatibility in water or organic solvents.
5. Plastic: used for molding release agent, softener, lubricant (function: can reduce or avoid friction and wear), etc. Hypromellose As a food additive, hypromellose can play the following roles: emulsifier, thickener, suspending agent and substitute for animal gelatin.
6, PVC: PVC production should be used as a dispersant, the main additive of suspension polymerization to prepare PVC.
7. Others: This product is also widely used in leather, paper products, fresh fruits and vegetables and textile industries.
Hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC)
As a non-ionic surfactant, hydroxyethyl cellulose has the following properties in addition to thickening, suspending, binding, floating, film-forming, dispersing, water-retaining and providing protective colloid (Colloid):
1. HEC is soluble in hot or cold water, high temperature or boiling without precipitation (precipitation), has a wide range of solubility and viscosity characteristics, and no thermal gel;
2. It is non-ionic and extensively used with other water-soluble polymers. Surfactants and salts coexist. It is a high-concentration electrolyte solution and an excellent colloidal thickener;
3. The water retention capacity is twice as high as that of methyl cellulose, and it has good flow regulation;
4. Compared with the recognized methyl cellulose (cellulose) and hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, the dispersibility of HEC is the worst, but the protective colloid is the strongest.
Generally used as thickeners, protective agents, adhesives, stabilizers and additives for the preparation of emulsions, jellies, ointments, lotions, eye clearing agents, suppositories and tablets. It can also be used as hydrophilic gels to prepare emulsions. Matrix-releasing preparations can also be used as stabilizers for food and other effects. Hypromellose As a food additive, hypromellose can play the following roles: emulsifier, thickener, suspending agent and substitute for animal gelatin.