A friend asked: What is the difference between resin rubber powder and redispersible latex powder? Can resin rubber powder replace redispersible latex powder?
Actually, the difference between them is still very big.
At present, the widely used redispersible latex powders in the world are: vinyl acetate and ethylene copolymer rubber powder (VAC/E), ethylene and vinyl chloride and vinyl laurate ternary copolymer rubber powder (E/VC/VL), Vinyl acetate, ethylene and fatty acid vinyl ester ternary copolymer rubber powder (VAC/E/VeoVa), these three redispersible latex powders dominate the entire market, especially vinyl acetate and ethylene copolymer rubber powder VAC/ E, occupies a position in the global field, and represents the technical characteristics of redispersible latex powder. From the perspective of technical experience applied to mortar modified polymers, it is still the best technical solution.
The reasons are as follows:
1, is one of the most used polymers in the world;
2. Many application experience in the construction field;
3, it can meet the required rheological properties of the mortar (that is, the required workability);
4, polymer resins with other monomers have the characteristics of low volatile organic compounds (VOC) and low irritating gases;
5. It has excellent UV resistance, good heat resistance and long-term stability;
6, has high anti-saponification performance;
7, has a wide glass transition temperature range (Tg);
8. It has relatively excellent comprehensive bonding, flexibility and mechanical properties;
9. Have long chemical production experience in how to produce stable quality products and experience in maintaining storage stability;
10. Easy to combine with protective colloid (polyvinyl alcohol).
Redispersible latex powder:
1. The redispersible latex powder product is a water-soluble redispersible powder, a copolymer of ethylene and vinyl acetate, and polyvinyl alcohol as a protective colloid.
2. VAE redispersible latex powder has film-forming properties. A 50% aqueous solution forms an emulsion. After 24 hours on glass, it forms a plastic-like film.
3. The formed film has certain flexibility and water resistance. Can reach national standards.
4. Redispersible latex powder has high performance: it has high bonding ability, unique performance and outstanding waterproof performance, good bonding strength, giving the mortar excellent alkali resistance, and can improve the adhesion and flexural strength of the mortar , In addition to plasticity, wear resistance and workability, it has stronger flexibility in anti-cracking mortar.
Resin rubber powder:
1. Resin rubber powder is a new type of product, a modifier of rubber, resin, high molecular polymer, ground rubber powder and other substances.
2. Resin rubber powder has general durability, abrasion resistance, poor dispersion, some feel flocculent (should be a porous material like sepiolite), and white powder (but has a pungent smell similar to kerosene ).
3. Some resin powders are corrosive to the board, and the waterproof is not ideal.
4. The weather resistance and water resistance of resin rubber powder are lower than that of latex powder. Weather resistance is a big problem. It will volatilize in a short time under the sun, even if it is not in the sun, the bonding interface, Since it is a cavity construction, it will decompose faster.
5. Resin rubber powder has no moldability and no flexibility. According to the external wall insulation mortar testing standard, only the damage rate of the polystyrene board meets the standard. Other indicators are not up to standard.
6. Resin glue powder can only be used for bonding polystyrene boards, not for bonding vitrified beads and fireproof boards.